Equipment: Burr grinder, kettle, kitchen Scale, Sowden Immersion, & coffee beans (whole).
1. Start your water boiling
2. Weigh out 60 grams of whole bean coffee
3. Grind on a medium-coarse grind
4. Add the ground coffee to the filter, & place the filter inside the Sowden
5. Place the Sowden onto your scale, zero (tare) the scale
6. Once your water has hit boil, wait about 60 seconds for it to come down in temperature. (Ideal temperature is 200 degrees, which is about 60 seconds off a boil)
7. Pour 700 grams of hot water over the grounds
8. Set a timer for 4 minutes
9. Once the timer goes off, remove the filter and serve!
Take your cup on the go or, if you really want to take the investment to the next level, slow things down and enjoy over the morning paper, a journal, or simply a quiet moment before the rushing day ahead.
During the time of year when life moves faster, wind whips colder, and days get shorter, this really is the best way to start your day.
read more: Classfare